Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What exactly does Hundred Fists do?

I'm trying to optimize my HF setup, but I'm not really sure what it does. From wiki:

Delay is not reduced to zero, or any other set amount. Attack rate is still based on the delay of your weapon. Higher delay weapons will still attack slower than lower delay weapons will.

I've heard theories that it actually caps magical haste, so keeping haste gear on would actually be beneficial, however if its a set rate that is not affected by haste gear, it'd better to go full ACC/ATTK. Has anyone ever tested this? Looking for testing methods and ideas here if not.

Re: What exactly does Hundred Fists do?

Probably the first thing to test whether weapon delay has any factor is compare Relic Knuckles with whatever sort of low delay H2H weapon you can find is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm no expert mnk as my mnk is all of 52. But... Seems like I've been told that hundred fists just takes you to the haste cap and thats why haste gear doesnt matter but the delay of the weapon would matter.

Confirmation if I'm dreaming/making stuff up please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle
    Seems like I've been told that hundred fists just takes you to the haste cap
    That's the story I've always believed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What haste cap though? There are a variety of haste caps: magical, gear, absolute? does it take you to 43.3%, 68.3 or 93.3? highly doubtful the absolute, but just illustrating there are different caps. If its gear+magical haste cap that would be great

I dont thing it takes you to the haste cap, but since it is attack haste only.. it would be very hard to test. I would be interested in this as well, since I can swap out some of my haste gear during HF if this is the case. Well.. maybe not... Usukane rocks regardless.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

One thing I noticed while messing around with mnk/dnc is that the drain samaba 'drain' part while hundred fists was up did 0-1 (mostly 0). Which is I recall the percent drained was relative to the delay of the weapon.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

From what I've tried with Hundred Fists, the gear+magical cap of 68.3% sounds right, possibly a bit higher (75%?). Fastest way to parse that would be a MNK in full haste + magical haste, and one with none doing Hundred Fists, same weapon, on something that lives more than 30 seconds.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ran a simple test on my 47 MNK. Used Rep Signet Staff(Delay: 366), Fraps'd myself hitting some Goblin Furrier's near lowlands outpost. I only used a few data points, so account for margin of error~

Control: (0% Haste)

Hit 1: 116
    Hit 2: 295
    Hit 3: 482
    Hit 4: 671
    Hit 5: 847

847-116 = 731 / 4 = 182.75 frames per hit

182.75 / 30 = 6.0916

6.0916 * 60 = 365.5 Delay (About 1/12th of a second off... enough accuracy for this test.)

100 Fists: (0% Haste)

Hit 1: 270
    Hit 2: 321
    Hit 3: 372
    Hit 4: 414
    Hit 5: 460

460-270 = 190 / 4 = 47.5

47.5 / 30 = 1.583

1.583 * 60 = 95 Delay

Conclusion:
    95/366 = ~.26
    ~74% haste

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Kudos to Kirschy!

It is a form of haste because it used to cause Utsusemi: Ni to lower it's recast, but they have done away with that. So maybe it's like Hasso now? o_oa

That's interesting to know. Now the only question left is if any other kinds of haste stack with that haste from Hundred Fists.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blubbartron
    That's interesting to know. Now the only question left is if any other kinds of haste stack with that haste from Hundred Fists.
    Exactly, if putting more haste on can push that cap even further that'd be amazing. Its a lot higher than I expected, thanks Kirschy!

So who wants to do some tests with haste gear on... or spells...

Polearm mnk/sam Hundred fists~Hasso gogo??

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My MNK is only 47... I'd need someone /w a higher MNK if I wanted to do more tests. If anyone plans on running tests themselves, I suggest having someone use the Relic H2H /w 999 delay, it'll make the tests a lot easier.

Would be kinda cool if Hasso stacks /w 100 fists... I have this funny picture in my head of people going MNK/SAM /w primate staff to zerg stuffs =p

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

at work so i cant exactly test but i do remember 2hr'ing with vishnu cesti while leveling and the animation was ridiculous, i honestly laughed uncontrollably

the dmg was bleh obviously but y'know

ill try to remember to do some testing in besieged on mnk/sam (i have black belt etc) see what i can work out

any lazyman's list of things to determine haste %? i didnt completely 'get' kirschy's post, too much numbers not enough words

halp a math dummy out!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy
    My MNK is only 47... I'd need someone /w a higher MNK if I wanted to do more tests. If anyone plans on running tests themselves, I suggest having someone use the Relic H2H /w 999 delay, it'll make the tests a lot easier.

Would be kinda cool if Hasso stacks /w 100 fists... I have this funny picture in my head of people going MNK/SAM /w primate staff to zerg stuffs =p
    cant you do same test you did before as 47 mnk and throw on brown belt? if haste stacks then with HF and brown belt youll be above 74% if it dosent then youd get 74% regardless.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ive always wanted to see MNK/SAM mercurial pole + Hasso + Hundred Fists.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Ive always wanted to see MNK/SAM mercurial pole + Hasso + Hundred Fists.
    MNK/DRK

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Retested /w Brown Belt + Fuma for 11% in eq. Also used Haste spell for the latter half of 100 fists. Even with Haste Spell + 11% in eq, attack speed wasn't changed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy
    Retested /w Brown Belt + Fuma for 11% in eq. Also used Haste spell for the latter half of 100 fists. Even with Haste Spell + 11% in eq, attack speed wasn't changed.
    awesome, thank you!