Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Is this normal ob behavior on 1st floor NW Apolly

Aight so were doin NW were running to go out portal cause were short people and want clear so skippin most 1st floor.We get ghost aggros attempts at sleeps failed and 4 people go down rest go up port.

Now Blm Blm Whm and Nin go down and the mobs never moved from place where we all died.Except the one who killed whm who promply went and sat on other bodys.

So the Whm reraises casts RR (mind u hes miles away from any mob)One of the ghosts in the peck comes after him and kills him.So we assumed hate never resets despite death we wait 20 mins while rest are killing Ram floor and aspid floor.

After 20 mins is up one of the 2 blms deceides to try RR up and run to porter(mind u he has 5 ghost standing on his body)Not a single one aggroed his low health nor snk.So the other blm with 5 ghosts on his dead body RRs and same thing no aggro.Whm does same without casting RR this time and no aggro.

So wtf is up with this cause i know for myself they aggro like normal ghosts cause as nin i agroo pulled a few.Why would they not aggro either of the blm or whm.Yet they aggroed the whm from across the map when he casted RR on himself.

I am so confused lol

Please forgive me for the wall of text.

Mob behaviour in limbus is erratic at best, but it wouldnt have mattered either way, as you cant use a previous porter once someone has engaged a mob on the next floor (that is, if someone is still on the ghost floor and someone attacks a buffalo, the person can no longer go up to the buffalo floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Mob behaviour in limbus is erratic at best, but it wouldnt have mattered either way, as you cant use a previous porter once someone has engaged a mob on the next floor (that is, if someone is still on the ghost floor and someone attacks a buffalo, the person can no longer go up to the buffalo floor.
    Um? We have people DC all the time and don't have problems going through porters (other than entrance.) Is NW different?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    That's not what I've encountered at all...I've always been able to go through portals fine, much like what Flux said.

Dead ppl left behind getting aggroed might be caused by the fact that limbus mobs have party hate. So as long as you dont wipe completely, hate wont be reset.

And only the initial porter (where you choose the area) is deactivated when you engage a mob.

Still doesnt explain how the 2 blm rred right from under the mobs without any aggro

I have no explanation for that except some foilhat theory including fucked up monster ai and screwed pathing.

As Delekii wrote, mobs like to behave strangely in Limbus.

Maybe the ghosts were aggro on the people on the other floor and got confused.

We had this happen in Temenos N. On the tonberry floor we had a WHM + BRD die while the other members took the portal to the next floor. A large hoarde of Tonberries sat near the portal and constantly aggrod/de-aggrod (you could hear the little tonberry cackle they make when they aggro)

Somehow they had hate on people who warped to the next floor, but because they couldn't reach them would aggro and de-aggro without moving.

At the time, I didn't bother trying to reraise because I figured they'd just rape me. But perhaps if their hate is on people on another floor, they're essentially immobilized and I could've reraised without any fear of being attacked.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Is this normal ob behavior on 1st floor NW Apolly

Quote Originally Posted by mhmmimafreak
    Aight so were doin NW were running to go out portal cause were short people and want clear so skippin most 1st floor.We get ghost aggros attempts at sleeps failed and 4 people go down rest go up port.

Now Blm Blm Whm and Nin go down and the mobs never moved from place where we all died.Except the one who killed whm who promply went and sat on other bodys.

So the Whm reraises casts RR (mind u hes miles away from any mob)One of the ghosts in the peck comes after him and kills him.So we assumed hate never resets despite death we wait 20 mins while rest are killing Ram floor and aspid floor.

After 20 mins is up one of the 2 blms deceides to try RR up and run to porter(mind u he has 5 ghost standing on his body)Not a single one aggroed his low health nor snk.So the other blm with 5 ghosts on his dead body RRs and same thing no aggro.Whm does same without casting RR this time and no aggro.

So wtf is up with this cause i know for myself they aggro like normal ghosts cause as nin i agroo pulled a few.Why would they not aggro either of the blm or whm.Yet they aggroed the whm from across the map when he casted RR on himself.

I am so confused lol

Please forgive me for the wall of text.

It's really simple if I understood that correctly. The moment you have aggro something in limbus, everyone will be flagged with "1" hate, and it won't be reseted as long someone still have at least "1". Basically, whoever went up had 1 hate and because of this, the he was giving aggro back to people downstair by just being in the same area while being on the hate list.

The only solution I see would have been to make them logout while you reraise.

And to whoever said you couldnt go up when someone engage something on next floor, it's wrong. Portal stay open forever once they are open. Only exception is the BC entrance, but it's true for every BC (people outside BC lost the icon when someone engage inside)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hate stays on people after they move floors, but I'm pretty sure the hate is shared between everyone in the zone, so if you RRed it would have attacked you since they can't reach the other people. In fact, in Apollyon if you aggro mobs after you change floors, you can still see them in the distance.

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/2189/img02840jw.png

Solution? Have the people that zoned up logout. When we were in the same situation we did this and the mobs went out of their "combat mode" and moved back to their original position, which allowed us to reraise hate free.

Can't explain what happened to the 2 blm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    Hate stays on people after they move floors, but I'm pretty sure the hate is shared between everyone in the zone, so if you RRed it would have attacked you since they can't reach the other people. In fact, in Apollyon if you aggro mobs after you change floors, you can still see them in the distance.

Solution? Have the people that zoned up logout. When we were in the same situation we did this and the mobs went out of their "combat mode" and moved back to their original position, which allowed us to reraise hate free.

Just cause mobs can't reach someone doesn't mean they would change targets, so as long as you do absolutely nothing that generates hate you won't get agro (casting RR generated hate = rapeage.. blm's raising up and doing nothing = no hate)

Quote Originally Posted by Taku

If that were true then the LS who killed AV using the wall would have been unable to unless every single person in the Alliance fighting him would have to have been on the other side. I'm pretty certain they had a few at least on the same side who didn't die...or maybe I'm thinking of something else <.<