Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    ageofdarkness

I CANT DONWLOAD THE PLAYONLINE VEIWER, cause if the polhook

it comes up with a missing file error when im trying to download it, this is the second version of the game i have that does this and it is the dvd vana'diel collection disk. does anyone have the polhook.dll download link or have a solution ot my problem plz plz post

i before e except after c.

Awesome. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    interesting concept but
    height
    forfeit
    neither
    seize
    leisure
    either
    weird

just to name a few. A better way to say would be "I" before "E" except after "C" or when its not

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    interesting concept but
    height
    forfeit
    neither
    seize
    leisure
    either
    weird

just to name a few. A better way to say would be "I" before "E" except after "C" or when its not
    I think the dude needs to worry more about the general rules before moving on to exceptions :\

When the sound is /i:/,
    it's I before E
    except after C.

or when pronounced /eI/
    as in "neighbour" and "weigh".

The moment I saw this thread I was like guess the people on alla weren't any help to him

stop using windower and start using your brain

Banned.

BG Level

Please.

Thread.

Die.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    When the sound is /i:/,
    it's I before E
    except after C.

or when pronounced /eI/
    as in "neighbour" and "weigh".
    whatabout the word Height ?

the rule is bullshit plain and simple. to have a rule but a dozen exceptions means its not really a rule.

weird is another example.

maybe if you are speaking some other form of english. but american english has no real rules. also if you look up this rule. it isnt a general rule its actually a rule intended for those that are already very good at spelling.

im not english major. matter of fact my english sucks, but i only posted that cause its funny when people post here and all they can do is try to correct someone's grammar and/or spelling, then they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    but american english has no real rules.
    im not english major. matter of fact my english sucks, but i only posted that cause its funny when people post here and all they can do is try to correct someone's grammar and/or spelling, then they are wrong.
    That is where you are wrong. English does have rules but with hundreds of secondary rules. English is by far the hardest language to master as far as rules and correct word usage due to the multiple dialects which english has been derived from. Most borrowed words retain their original spellings, the rule itself usually applies to
    Quote Originally Posted by Some web page
    "ie" or "ei" which have an "ee" (long e) sound. Others (ay or other sounds) are usually spelled "ei."
    also i found this is the complete rule
    Use i before e except after c or when sounded like a as in neighbor or weigh; and except seize and seizure and also leisure, weird, height, and either, forfeit, and neither.
    OP http://ffxi.archbell.com/forums

Ninja edit for formatting

with secondary rules it still, in my opinion means there are no real solid rules.

how many words actually have i before e then? lol

i is used to being wrong when it is be pertaining to english talk.