Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    While goofing off before Maint, Hagun-Rana was outperforming Ushikirimaru-Rana by almost 100 dmg on Lesser Colibris. Most WS done at 100tp or close. K/G were also doing more then Rana by almost 100, so Hagun Gekko was beating Ushi Rana by almost 200.
    Normal STRish WS gear?
    {edit:}Are those all 3 hit Ranas?

Sounds to me like Rana is a situational WS and Hagun is the best GK most the time, as I said in my last post. It'll have it's uses, but the only impact it'll have on normal/merit play is for use whenever you use Sekkanoki (the Hagun+Sekka penalty seems lower with Rana, not to mention solo Darkness?).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zidiane View Post
    Whats your Max HP? Maybe thats the Mod to it?
    I hope Atonement is HP based. Then all my Kaiser wont just be town gear!

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Wouldn't Sekka Rana > Gekko Darkness still make Hagun superior in most cases? And just in terms of being ready to SC anything I don't think gimping your Y/G/K is worth a slightly marginal boost to Rana if any.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Wouldn't Sekka Rana > Gekko Darkness still make Hagun superior in most cases? And just in terms of being ready to SC anything I don't think gimping your Y/G/K is worth a slightly marginal boost to Rana if any.
    I agree with this. Unless Rana with a non-hagun is strictly better than Hagun YGK, then this isn't going to mean anything except self-dark every 5 mins. Although I do wonder if Rana might be better in a situation where you want to use Soboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I was saying. I'd bet Sekka Rana is more damage than Sekka Gekko with a Hagun.

Rana will almost definitely outperform Y/G/K while str/gear locked in salvage though. A larger % of your damage comes from base damage at that point, and you don't get the nice fTP multiplication on the .75str mod. We need exact #s for 100tp Rana vs 200tp Rana to be sure of whether Hagun is less useful, but if I had to guess, a non-Hagun will win in this situation as well.

Summary of my predictions at the moment: Hagun will be best except in low salvage floors. Y/G/K will be best for normal WSes. Rana will be best for Sekkanoki with Hagun (followed by a normal Gekko).

{edit:}
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I agree with this. Unless Rana with a non-hagun is strictly better than Hagun YGK, then this isn't going to mean anything except self-dark every 5 mins. Although I do wonder if Rana might be better in a situation where you want to use Soboro.
    Should have no impact, as Soboro doesn't proc on multi-hits?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Normal STRish WS gear?
    {edit:}Are those all 3 hit Ranas?

Sounds to me like Rana is a situational WS and Hagun is the best GK most the time, as I said in my last post. It'll have it's uses, but the only impact it'll have on normal/merit play is for use whenever you use Sekkanoki (the Hagun+Sekka penalty seems lower with Rana, not to mention solo Darkness?).
    Yes normal STR WS gear, added a small bit of Acc for Rana(Potent/Usukane Feet instead of my normal Warwolf/Creek M Clomps). Only one Overwhelm Merit as well and only 1 STR Merit(Taru STR fails ;; ). Didn't use Food since I was just playing around. Yes all 3hit Rana, I left out the lower numbers where I missed a hit or two.

TP
    Hagun/Ushi - Pole - - Black Tathlum
    Ace's Helm - PCC - Merman's - Brutal
    Hauby+1 - Dusk - Sniper's+1 - Rajas
    Cerb - Swift - Byakko's - Usukane

WS
    Hagun/Ushi - Pole - - Black Tathlum
    Shura - Chiv - Merman's - Brutal
    Hauby+1 - Alky's - Triumph - Rajas
    Cerb - Potent - Usukane - Usukane

So far Rana hasn't shown me any amazing numbers to put it above Y/K/G but it's fun to use and it's almost as good, on weaker mobs so far at least. Self Dark is really nice though and it would definately be a reaosn to use Rana when Sekka is up for the Bonus SC dmg.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Umm... I don't know if this has been answered anywhere else, but I've been trying to stay up to date on the mythic WS discussion. I know there is no skill requirement on the new weapon skill, so can you use the mythic WS if you delevel to 74? I assume the answer is no... but it would be entertaining to have someone delevel down to level 5, hit things with Rana or Drakesbane.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

We also saw the best #'s from Rana with a DA/Riceball build.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    Umm... I don't know if this has been answered anywhere else, but I've been trying to stay up to date on the mythic WS discussion. I know there is no skill requirement on the new weapon skill, so can you use the mythic WS if you delevel to 74? I assume the answer is no... but it would be entertaining to have someone delevel down to level 5, hit things with Rana or Drakesbane.
    Easiest test would be level sync and see if it's still in your list.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    Guy in my LS synced himself to 55 and lost access King's Justice.

assburgers
    BG Level

Haven't even had a chance to try and get the weapon, much less the WS.

I'm a little groggy, Snow Gorget won't work with Frag/Scis though huh.

Yay gaxe light, boo needing another fucking ufo organ.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Haven't even had a chance to try and get the weapon, much less the WS.

I'm a little groggy, Snow Gorget won't work with Frag/Scis though huh.

Yay gaxe light, boo needing another fucking ufo organ.
    I threw a party in my pants when I realized that LS was Gravitation and I didn't need a new gorget, then another one when I realized it was also Transfixion and Light Gorget covers every pertinent COR WS, so I didn't even have to carry Soil. Then I realized U.Pendant was better anyways and from there idk.

Now my issue is this: If this is a WS best-used primarily for /mage(I usually /RDM when I do for the added MAB), then getting MP low enough for U.Pendant becomes a concern, sometimes when I'm QD whoring I literally have to spam nukes/cures just to kill enough MP to use pendant.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Played around with GK weaponskill for a bit~

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Tachirana.jpg

Messing around in the mire with some friends, double minuets + kabob + dia2 (usually). Those were some of my highs, normal ones did around 1200ish. Used hagun for a few and my dmg dropped so i can only assume that tp barely does anything if at all. Seems like a decent weaponskill.. atleast on low def crap :D

thought i'd post it here too.. didnt see this thread last night ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Duwie View Post
    Played around with GK weaponskill for a bit~

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Tachirana.jpg

Messing around in the mire with some friends, double minuets + kabob + dia2 (usually). Those were some of my highs, normal ones did around 1200ish. Used hagun for a few and my dmg dropped so i can only assume that tp barely does anything if at all. Seems like a decent weaponskill.. atleast on low def crap :D

thought i'd post it here too.. didnt see this thread last night ;x
    I kinda responded to you in my first post...Amano is not really relevant to a Hagun discussion though. Can the double damage or whatever proc on WSes like Rana?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No.

Getting myself to 100 STR even, while keeping things like HP, VIT, Attack and Defense static is making Atonement hit for 750 dmg every time. Dropping below 100 made damage vary, and stacking it up to like 130 kept it at 750. I tried stacking HP up to 1,900 and it did nothing - damage dropped from the 750 mark. Defender and Berserk seem to have zero influence over it, as well. Can someone else try the even STR mark and see if they get similar results?

Well, never mind - I was wrong on the even 100. From what I can tell though it's some combination of STR and VIT that are modifying things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I know this is a long shot, but considering it's PLD and the WS name: Atonement. Has anyone checked if damage taken has any effect on the WS damage? I read someone got 2 random 0 damage WSs, were those done @ that start of the fight? It could have a mod on the TP that increases the damage done vs damage taken with a cap for all TP values of 750~

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Ok. After a while of playing around with attonement (i'm sorry i don't have pics to prove this) I am 100% sure it's damage is based on the amount of CE you have vs. a target (Capping out around 750). I am a taru so the hp did not come into play. This damage is irregardless of things like elementals physical resistance or crabs shell and defense bonus it seems. The only time i hit 0 on attonement was because i had no CE whatsoever on the mob. I had just engaged something that someone aggroed and hit attonement for 0 + ws fusion of 0. However, doing atonement after Flash Sentinel Shield bash rampart i did a 750 atonement (The mob was nearly full hp). I believe that this is the reason the sword is so sick with enmity (10 enmity + Reduced enmity lost taking damage + reduces physical damage) is because it helps make the ws that much stronger. Again. I am sorry have no proof of this. But this is just what me and a couple friends have noticed while killing crabs in kuftal tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    Ok. After a while of playing around with attonement (i'm sorry i don't have pics to prove this) I am 100% sure it's damage is based on the amount of CE you have vs. a target (Capping out around 750). I am a taru so the hp did not come into play. This damage is irregardless of things like elementals physical resistance or crabs shell and defense bonus it seems. The only time i hit 0 on attonement was because i had no CE whatsoever on the mob. I had just engaged something that someone aggroed and hit attonement for 0 + ws fusion of 0. However, doing atonement after Flash Sentinel Shield bash rampart i did a 750 atonement (The mob was nearly full hp). I believe that this is the reason the sword is so sick with enmity (10 enmity + Reduced enmity lost taking damage + reduces physical damage) is because it helps make the ws that much stronger. Again. I am sorry have no proof of this. But this is just what me and a couple friends have noticed while killing crabs in kuftal tunnel.
    I just tried this out, and I can verify, he either has it or is in the right direction.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Fucking wow, that's intresting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast