Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wonder if you can Feral Howl Meteor Cast...haha imagine...BST being significant to AV fight

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    Oh yeah baby, we got this!

I'll post a complete parse once we kill it
    Well?! Have you won yet?! ;o

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not gonna go again tonight, we'll get it very soon though hopefully!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Damn guys. I hope you can take this down and delive a mighty "Fuck you" to SE.

I don't even think we got 6 KClubs in LB, BBQ and TK together on Odin. -_-

terraflarex

They're secretly making AV immune to souleater in today's maintainence.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    Needs moar DRKs

Hopefully you guys win before SE removes Souleater from the game lol.
    i laughed. -_-

Thorshammer

Quote Originally Posted by terraflarex View Post
    They're secretly making AV immune to souleater in today's maintainence.
    when i saw the first SS of AV @27% ... I was thinking the same :D

Quote Originally Posted by kayn View Post
    i laughed. -_-
    Only a matter of time before those Dev Monkey Team pulls the "Hey! You're not doing it the right way!" card <.<

Every time we get a kill off their "precious AV" they find some way to friggin patch the shit. All I'm saying is, you may as well kill it before they go bananas again. SE can shove this 2-3 years old unbeatable monster right up their asses if you ask me.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Where's that guy with the captain planet sig ... perhaps it really does apply here now! Haha. Standing by for more news.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

8% holy shit...

GO TEAM SEXY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Although it would be awesome to take down AV in this manner, it probably will be nerfed at some point. As much as people will complain about not being able to zerg it down, it's not really going to be that helpful for 99% of the games population. Like TB said, even with the top three LS's on Odin working together their aren't enough KC's to do this. I am just hoping that while trying to do this we stumble onto more clues on how to beat it with consistency.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Although it would be awesome to take down AV in this manner, it probably will be nerfed at some point. As much as people will complain about not being able to zerg it down, it's not really going to be that helpful for 99% of the games population. Like TB said, even with the top three LS's on Odin working together their aren't enough KC's to do this. I am just hoping that while trying to do this we stumble onto more clues on how to beat it with consistency.
    we hope so man. right now, the items are what people are focused on the least, we just dont want to give SE the satisfaction of thinking they got the best of us with this. We dont even know how its going to be distributed yet. But i can see us killing this in a manner like we do our BR'2s... just need luck >_> one PD or invincible and the whole night is wasted.

The 1st night, it was a spur of the moment, some drk's didnt change wep/didnt get all buffs/no cures or started their buffs too late. And the outside spectators sound like an excuse, but it really does cause a shit ton of lag D: and it got down to 27%

Last night, we had it lol. There was no feint... and when you have 2337 HP hitting for 290's at the start before you get hate...there's nothing stopping you, except the mistake of others lol. That feint made wouldve made it a win, w/o a doubt in my mind. But hey, people make mistakes, better luck tonight.

Whether they nerf it or not, we're going to take as much advantage of this as we can ;x

See I'm so double sided on this

Just from a guy who plays games hoping for a challenge, it kinda sucks it came down to zerging on this boss in particular

HOWEVER.........that mentality kinda went out the window now after all the BS the FF community had to endure over one mob over SE's obsession on their precious pet. Right now I just want to see this thing dead just as much as the next guy.

So in short, I'm all for you guys owning the shit outta this thing, seriously lol. Get your items quick, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out SE's "standard pattern", they just have a nasty habit of patching every good thing.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by HadesChubbs View Post
    Was talking to titanss who said "i knew this could work!" well, while it *can*, having ppl do this over traditional method is just going to delay finding out how to kill it longer.

Your ls has tons of clubs and quite a few ppl who can zerg, not everyone has this, but i can damn sure bet they'll try this method cause of your semi-success, but theyll fail miserably, unlike yours.
    And why are you busting my balls again? At the time we were all shooting out ideas how to kill it after the nerf. They saw it didn't have the hp/regen as before, I said try a zerg some got a good laugh-haha- and a ls tried and got to 27%). So at the time we just were trying just to kill it, not in a "practical" way just a dead way. And I'm not saying they tried because of these boards or my post. They thought the same as me if its hp/regen was nerfed a tp zerg would work, with enough luck.

Edit: And you say the rest would "fail miserably" ..hmmm looks like the next ls zerg got to 8%

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    And why are you busting my balls again? At the time we were all shooting out ideas how to kill it after the nerf. They saw it didn't have the hp/regen as before, I said try a zerg some got a good laugh-haha- and a ls tried and got to 27%). So at the time we just were trying just to kill it, not in a "practical" way just a dead way. And I'm not saying they tried because of these boards or my post. They thought the same as me if its hp/regen was nerfed a tp zerg would work, with enough luck.
    Well said. At this point I'm pretty sure no one cares how to "lock" AV. The whole player base really just wants to see it dead at this point. Possibly after that happens theories and ideas of how to kill it without zerging will show up again.

Edit: I haven't even seen that Virtuous Saint guy posting all his theories.

The question is will they nerf SE on AV only or on KC/1hand? o.o

One thing I would like to see tried, and possibly we'll try this the next time we do it, would be to gank JoL in different ways. Basically you would have a couple different tests where in one gank a rdm could spam spells of the day on it. In another test they would cast only the spell corresponding to its current weakness. It's important to note that in these tests, absolultely no other spells would be cast on JoL to eliminate complications. Wouldn't take more than 4 DRKs with full buffs to drop JoL in a heartbeat. You could also throw in samurais if you wanted to test using skillchains.

By doing this and then observing the behavior of AV you could rule out any other variables besides the effect of what killing JoL's summons does to AV. It was already proven though in our attempt that the length of the JoL fight which would correspond to the amount of summons had no effect on its HP value or regen.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

this might seem like a "lol no" thing but

wouldn't it be effective to have a couple on mnk's with Penance fully merited?

i didn't see it said in any of the posts but it would help if Meteor
    or anything else is based of tp

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    this might seem like a "lol no" thing but

wouldn't it be effective to have a couple on mnk's with Penance fully merited?

i didn't see it said in any of the posts but it would help if Meteor
    or anything else is based of tp
    meteor's a spell so i'm gonna go with no.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Auronku View Post
    One thing I would like to see tried, and possibly we'll try this the next time we do it, would be to gank JoL in different ways. Basically you would have a couple different tests where in one gank a rdm could spam spells of the day on it. In another test they would cast only the spell corresponding to its current weakness. It's important to note that in these tests, absolultely no other spells would be cast on JoL to eliminate complications. Wouldn't take more than 4 DRKs with full buffs to drop JoL in a heartbeat. You could also throw in samurais if you wanted to test using skillchains.

By doing this and then observing the behavior of AV you could rule out any other variables besides the effect of what killing JoL's summons does to AV. It was already proven though in our attempt that the length of the JoL fight which would correspond to the amount of summons had no effect on its HP value or regen.

I think we need to remember the video. SE said everything was in the video. Although we couldn't figure out what all the two houring was about, it was pretty clear that the only thing to do with JoL was killing enough pets to halve AV's regen. I just don't want to see people wasting opportunities on unlikely solutions.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast