Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Soling BST pets for EXP     submit to reddit submit to twitter

LazyShell
    BG Level

Soling BST pets for EXP

I know I've done this trick a lot to get good exp on some of my lower level jobs pretty quick. What I'm looking for is a bit of a compilation of good target pets/camps from 1-75. However, I'd be willing to settle for 50+ (my BLM is 49 atm)

Naver

Stolen from some post on Alla in the BLM section

Name Lvl Zone Family
    Yagudo's Elemental 4 - 6 | Giddeus | Elemental
    Yagudo's Elemental 5 - 7 | Tahrongi Canyon | Elemental
    Yagudo's Elemental 9 - 11 Buburimu Peninsula | Elemental
    Gigas's Bat 21 - 23 | Delkfutt's Lower Tower | Giant Bat
    Gigas's Leech 21 - 30 |Qufim Island | Leech
    Gigas's Bat 23 - 25 | Delkfutt's Middle Tower | Giant Bat
    Goblin's Bat 23 - 25 | Delkfutt's Middle Tower | Giant Bat
    Goblin's Bee 23 - 25 | Pashhow Marshlands | Bee
    Goblin's Bee 23 - 25 | Rolanberry Fields | Bee
    Goblin's Beetle 23 - 25 | Sauromugue Champaign | Beetle
    Yagudo's Elemental 23 - 25 | Sauromugue Champaign | Elemental
    Goblin's Dragonfly 23 - 25 | Batallia Downs | Fly
    Goblin's Bat 24 - 26 | Maze of Shakhrami | Giant Bat
    Goblin's Bats 24 - 26 | Ordelle's Caves | Bats
    Gigas's Bats 25 - 27 | Delkfutt's Middle Tower | Bats
    Goblin's Bats 25 - 27 | Ranguemont Pass | Bats
    Gigas's Bats 27 - 29 | Delkfutt's Lower Tower | Bats
    Gigas's Bats 27 - 29 | Delkfutt's Upper Tower | Bats
    Gigas's Spider 28 - 30 | Korroloka Tunnel | Spider
    Goblin's Dragonfly 28 - 30 | Valkurm Dunes | Fly
    Goblin's Bee 28 - 30 | Yhoator Jungle | Bee
    Goblin's Bat 28 - 37 | Oldton Movalpolos | Giant Bat
    Goblin's Rarab 29 - 31 | Bibiki Bay | Rabbit
    Goblin's Gallinipper 31 - 34 | Attohwa Chasm | Fly
    Goblin's Tiger 33 - 35 | Beaucedine Glacier | Tiger
    Giga's Tiger 33 - 40 | Beaucedine Glacier | Tiger
    Fomor's Elemental 34 - 36 Lufaise Meadows | Elemental
    Fomor's Bat 34 - 36 | Lufaise Meadows | Giant Bat
    Gigas's Sheep 34 - 36 | Lufaise Meadows | Sheep
    Gigas's Sheep 34 - 36 | Misareaux Coast | Sheep
    Goblin's Leech 35 - 40 | Sanctuary of Zi'Tah | Leech
    Fomor's Bat 36 - 43 | Phomiuna Aqueducts | Giant Bat
    Fomor's Elemental 36 - 43 | Phomiuna Aqueducts | Elemental
    Fomor's Wyvern 36 - 43 | Phomiuna Aqueducts | Wyvern
    Goblin's Spider 38 - 40 | Altepa Eastern Desert | Spider
    Goblin's Tiger 38 - 50 | Xarcabard | Tiger
    Tonberry's Elemental 38 - 40 | Yhoator Jungle | Elemental
    Goblin's Bee 38 - 40 | Yuhtunga Jungle | Bee
    Sahagin's Wyvern 38 - 40 | Yuhtunga Jungle | Wyvern
    Goblin's Ogrefly 38 - 39 | Attohwa Chasm | Fly
    Goblin's Bats 40 - 42 | Castle Zvahl Baileys | Bats
    Goblin's Bat 40 - 42 | Castle Zvahl Keep | Giant Bat
    Demon's Elemental 43 - 66 | Castle Zvahl Baileys | Elemental
    Tonberry's Elemental 43 - 55 | Temple of Uggalepih | Elemental
    Demon's Elemental 43 - 45 | Xarcabard | Elemental
    Fomor's Elemental 43 - 49 | Misareaux Coast | Elemental
    Fomor's Wyvern 44 - 49 | Misareaux Coast | Wyvern
    Demon's Elemental 45 - 53 | Castle Zvahl Keep | Elemental
    Goblin's Rabbit 48 - 50 | Cape Teriggan | Rabbit
    Goblin's Leech 48 - 50 | Labyrinth of Onzozo | Leech
    Gigas's Tiger 48 - 50 | Xarcabard | Tiger
    Fomor's Bats 49 - 51 | Sacrarium | Bats
    Fomor's Wyvern 49 - 51 Sacrarium | Wyvern
    Fomor's Elemental 49 - 51 | Sacrarium | Elemental
    Gigas's Bat 53 - 55 | Delkfutt's Upper Tower | Giant Bat
    Tonberry's Elemental 53 - 55 | Den of Rancor | Elemental
    Goblin's Leech 53 - 55 | Gustav Tunnel | Leech
    Goblin's Bats 53 - 55 | Ifrit's Cauldron | Bats
    Sahagin's Wyvern 58 - 60 | Sea Serpent Grotto | Wyvern
    Goblin's Bat 58 - 61 | Pso'Xja | Giant Bat
    Yagudo's Elemental 60 - 62 | Sacrificial Chamber | Elemental
    Goblin's Bat 61 - 74 | Newton Movalpolos | Giant Bat
    Fomor's Wyvern 72 - 74 | Lufaise Meadows | Wyvern
    Fomor's Bat 72 - 74 | Lufaise Meadows | Giant Bat
    Fomor's Elemental 72 - 74 | Lufaise Meadows | Elemental
    Some of these are REALLY hard to pull. Tonberry's in Ugga come to mind. Also, some that aren't here are Mamool Ja Pikeman's Wyvern at the Greater Colibri camp, 2 spawn there and are T at 75. But zoning back and forth to Alzaadal is rough because you need a silver peice.

Another thing to note is, the level range next to the mob is the mobs level, not the level you're supposed to be there. Think of it as if you are level 49, you would want mobs 5 levels higher than you, so go to Den of Rancor, or Gustav Tunnel.

Some links for you:
    Clicky1

LazyShell
    BG Level

sweet thanks

Naver

You're welcome, and enjoy.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thats a pretty shitty post because the guy just hopped on somepage and did mob search of "'s" and copy pasted it...without putting any logic as to some of these mobs.

Sahagin's Wyvern 58 - 60 | Sea Serpent Grotto | Wyvern
    for example, is a sahagin NM pet...

LazyShell
    BG Level

actually, i was more interested in the alla post linked at the end, its considerably more detailed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well best way to find mob pets is to do what I said

hop on somepage, do a mob search for 's, and then look at results. all pet mobs are named "MOB's whatever"

LazyShell
    BG Level

i did that before I came here. The problem with that approach, is it gives virtually no info as to which mobs have viable camp locations and which one's are just NM pets, hence not as useful for my goals.

If you click on the page for the pet itself, it usually gives detail about how many are regular pets, how many are NM pets, etc. The only problem with somepage is that they are inconsistent in the original search when there are pets with the same name that follow a different level-range of beastman. Sometimes they have two entries, one for each level range of pet, sometimes they list the the full level range from the lowest of the lower-level pet to the highest of the higher-level pet, and sometimes they only have the level range of one level of the pet listed in the search. In all of those cases however, there is sufficiently detailed information if you click the link to the page for the pet itself as I said before.

LazyShell
    BG Level

not position of mobs, or camp locations

Black Belt
    BG Level

Some of these are REALLY hard to pull. Tonberry's in Ugga come to mind. Also, some that aren't here are Mamool Ja Pikeman's Wyvern at the Greater Colibri camp, 2 spawn there and are T at 75. But zoning back and forth to Alzaadal is rough because you need a silver peice.
    Remnants Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    not position of mobs, or camp locations
    That's where you cross over from a shortage of information to simple laziness or lack of initiative. Once you've found a pet of the appropriate level range, you can go there on another job and run around the zone until you've found all the pets and determine for yourself if there are viable camps or not. Or for that matter do a /search and half the time you'll see a BLM or BLU or DRG with a seacom saying what pet they are they are fighting and where they are camped.

LazyShell
    BG Level

One of the benefits of this being a multiplayer MMO, is that we can learn from the experiences of others, to make our personal experiences more enjoyable and effecient. Its not laziness, but it is a reason for interaction between members of the community. You can't just simply draw a line on your own on where there is a distinction between laziness and shortage of information as it would inherantly be subjective, and moreso a rant than a logical argument. To be honest, if I hadn't posted here, I would likely have done exactly what you said to do, but I figured that I might as well get as much info as I can while I'm in dynamis.

edit: also, I made it clear in my original post, I was specifically looking for info that included camps, and was preferably in guide (1-75) format.

Sorry, I didn't mean now to come off as though I was insulting you by calling you lazy or lacking lacking initiative lol But, I'd imagine the reason there are few 'guides' to where and what to solo has a lot to do with A. they support only one person at a time, so people are disinclined to post exactly what they did for fear that the next time they want to level a job the camps will all be taken, and B. what makes a camp 'good' is fairly subjective, for example in Movalpolis there is a mid-50s pet camp in the far NE corner of the map that is good when the more popular spot is taken, but slower due to having to wait more often to avoid links.

Also, my experience in this is from levelling BLU recently, as I levelled BLM back when we still got invited to PTs, but I'd imagine after a certain level a BLM can one-shot pets, thereby killing them before they link, and opening up the availability of more pets in a given level-range versus someone soloing a more melee-oriented job.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Sorry, I didn't mean now to come off as though I was insulting you by calling you lazy or lacking lacking initiative lol But, I'd imagine the reason there are few 'guides' to where and what to solo has a lot to do with A. they support only one person at a time, so people are disinclined to post exactly what they did for fear that the next time they want to level a job the camps will all be taken, and B. what makes a camp 'good' is fairly subjective, for example in Movalpolis there is a mid-50s pet camp in the far NE corner of the map that is good when the more popular spot is taken, but slower due to having to wait more often to avoid links.

Also, my experience in this is from levelling BLU recently, as I levelled BLM back when we still got invited to PTs, but I imagine after a certain level a BLM can one-shot pets, thereby killing them before they link, and opening up the availability of more pets in a given level-range versus someone soloing a more melee-oriented job.
    Well, there actually IS a guide for this, its linked in the first post response, which was why I was confused when my request was attributed to laziness after it was solved lol.

As for experience with the topic, I leveled my RDM off of BST pets on multiple occasions, though I can't actually remember what level I did them on lol. I know I got my AF hat solo in Newton Moval, but thats about it.

Yeah I'm looking at the guide now lol. I'd still recommend going there with a count for how many total spawns there are in the zone and scoping out all the pops, because I already see two sections in the guide that are missing viable camps, and you will frequently discover that the ones listed are already taken.

LazyShell
    BG Level

True, but I never intended to be a sheep to the guide in the first place Just wanted to use it as a reference point to save me a bit of effort. Not to mention, it linked me to a pretty good strategy around lv60 that I hadn't though of, and wouldn't have found with the somepage search trick (Fossorial Fleas in Aydeewa). All in all, I think its a pretty good guide, especially for Alla 8)

Naver

Well the original information I had found concerning this topic was exactly what the OP was looking for, 1-75. He just wanted a 49+ guide, which I also mentioned some places to start. As for the quote I made, it was from an Allakhazam poster (what did you expect, even though it was half-assed) that I happened to just copy and paste, and saved onto my HDD. I then went and found another post created by another alla user, which I then linked here. Seems useful, but as Nynja said, some of the spots are retarded. I tried pulling in Ugga but Wespe and Tonberries just killed me too fast. Other spots though, like Zitah OP and Gustav are pure heaven if pulled correctly.

Also, to Zilong, I didn't know you can use Remenant's Permit to bypass the fee from the BLU standing gaurd, thanks for the helpful tip.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did my blm almost exculsively on Goblin pets till about 68/70 where I started soloing in Sea.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html ... 0656968310
    (seriously, really good post on alla)

That poster beat me to the guide I wanted to write after I was done. I was pretty surprised to see that other people were doing this too. I thought it was a BST secret from Gustav.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I have a stupid question about soloing these pets, since I've never really done it. Can say, a random gob link to another goblin's pet? For example, there are three mobs in front of you, a goblin bst, goblin's rabbit, and random rng gob. The bst isn't looking at his pet, but the rng is, is this a safe pull?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast