BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low man Achamoth     submit to reddit submit to twitter

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Low man Achamoth

What a crazy wamoura!
    Wiki says it has "high regen" and can cure itself. For those who have fought it, what's the smallest setup you'd bring to this?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I dont remember a crazy regen. He probably cast regen 3 tho, as well as curaga IV and excuvation (~heal 2k/debuff on it or something)

Least I went with was 7 (blm blm pld whm rdm brd and thief to zone add), but you could probably drop 1 blm and the whm to win.

3-4 BLM would probably be able to manaburn it Ix'Drg style, but I never tried and don't know how well it would go

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RDM, WHM, PLD, RNG + random job to zone adds could probably kill it assuming the PLD is solid. We killed it RDM WHM BRD PLD RNG NIN + THF to zone adds and it was pretty easy. The only issue with the 4 + 1 setup may be getting it to the zone, but if the RNG has 12% and the THF runs ahead training everything, should work.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    RDM, WHM, PLD, RNG + random job to zone adds could probably kill it assuming the PLD is solid. We killed it RDM WHM BRD PLD RNG NIN + THF to zone adds and it was pretty easy. The only issue with the 4 + 1 setup may be getting it to the zone, but if the RNG has 12% and the THF runs ahead training everything, should work.
    My group never had issue pulling it. We generally go to "???" with a thief, a blm, and a pld. Pld run in and aggro every Wamoura, and the BLM ES+sleepga everything. After this, we pop the NM, and have the thief train everything to zone (don't aggro mirror guard). There is ~5 wamoura and 4-5 troll on the way at best, and anyone with movement speed or flee should be able to zone this no problem

Whoever popped it can easily bring it to the zone, and the blm can escape (or walk out if he prefer)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang
    I'd agree with this, but replacing the WHM with a BRD and the PLD with a NIN will still let you hold it forever and also give the RNG offensive songs. A NIN wearing evasion build will have near capped evade% with mambos on it, we did it with 7(BLM BLM THF RDM BRD NIN WAR) with the thf zoning adds and the blms zone-nuking and didn't have much for problems once we got strat down.

I actualy prefer achromoth to the gears due to both the drop pool and the fight itself. Ive done this with 6 people. well, to be fair, ive done both with 6 people. And outside the pull, i prefer acromoth.

Here is the strat i use for 6 man acromoth. oh, for it to be useful, your tank needs to be pretty close to the haste cap as he attacks quite fast and strips its debuffs regularly. So, slow/elegy dont last teribbly long. One thing to note with this strat. The only thing the tank needs to do is hold more hate than his support. The tank does not need to blow resources on holding hate from the melee's. So more focus can be spent on simply minimizing damage. At first acramoth will make run for the blm(s). But later on in the fight this wont happen as they zone regularly.

Achamoth

Notes:
    • Spawns in crappy place to fight
    • Occasionaly spawns wamouracampa adds, you know when you see SMN avatar casting animation
    • Double Attack
    • En Aspir (30ish per tick)
    • Has its own Hastega, Shell, Protect
    • Proboscis: resets targets MP to 0
    • The more i fight him, the more i believe he does not start with a full MP bar or refresh. It drains the MP from its target as it hits. And once has enough it can cure or perform a MP based buff.

Strategy:
    • Pop then bring to zoneline in J-7
    • This is hardest part of the entire fight, as it loves to lose agro at I-6. Be prepared for that. People will get agro along the way. I tend to have the thf flee pull and zone the acramoth. Typicaly, acramoth will be at I-6, and the PLD will be there before the thf zones. So PLD can grab acramoth again and pull to the zoneline, zone > heal up > get back shaddows> zone back in >start up the strat.
    • Once the ZNM is at the fight area, all zone out to clear agro/hate lists
    • Tank brings Achomoth 2/3 down the ramp and tnks with the ZNM facing down the ramp
    • Tank support must be behind the tank but out of AoE, as they need rest but cant zone away from tank.
    • Damage members will all be zoning once have hate
    • One Melee will be on zoning adds as they repop
    • BLM will be on damaging with a nice strong nuke or two, then zone as soon as they have agro
    • NO DD or BLM rests on the halvung side of the zone line.
    • Dispel Its Hastega/shell when it puts it up
    • Chivalry and Devotion are huge assets in this fight. Don’t blow them, save for Proboscis.

Optimum location:
    Zoneline of J-7
    Party make up
    PLD/NIN , BRD, BLM, RDM, WHM, THF

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't see any reason why NIN, NIN, RDM, BRD couldn't do it. The trick is to put zero enfeebles on it, even something like flash. Luckily, he's squishy so DD tanking wouldn't be a problem, and he's not particularly accurate. You would probably have an outside puller (THF, as you're going to want TH anyway) but it's possible the BRD could time it so that he buffed between pops, then dropped to zone them.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    I don't see any reason why NIN, NIN, RDM, BRD couldn't do it. The trick is to put zero enfeebles on it, even something like flash. Luckily, he's squishy so DD tanking wouldn't be a problem, and he's not particularly accurate. You would probably have an outside puller (THF, as you're going to want TH anyway) but it's possible the BRD could time it so that he buffed between pops, then dropped to zone them.
    I agree with this. He's only a problem if you debuff him and make it a problem. Be sure to dispel the nasty haste on erratic flutter, pull the adds away on zone, and you should be fine. Spams a lot of things like hastega and protectra5 but not a big deal really.

dont need to have add person drop from party to zone the adds. the person can remain in party. This works as long as you do not have anyone resting on the halvung side of the zoneline... like right on the freaking line.

Sorry for the whole 'freaking' thing. but dispite saying this to people, there is always someone resting right on the halvung side of the zoneline... they die, and puller needs to repull > zone.

However once the moth is in place, youll find it is incredibly hard to lose the pop. Because you can have all resting in Mt. Zaylum, with one person zoning in to bring the moth back to the zoneline constantly.

So even if you dont get this right the first time, you can have a second or third shot at this enemy till you can adjust your personal strategies/tactics to something your group can make happen.

Black Belt
    BG Level

If you want to risk exuviation, you could spell lock him into spamming poisona by casting poison at him.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We did it as PLD/RDM, SAM, BLM, SCH, WHM, COR, RNG. We pulled it to the Bhaflau Thickets zoneline. The RNG zoned adds. I was the COR and apart from me doing the pull, I seemed excess to requirements. Sure I helped but was by no means a necessity. The PLD subbed RDM purely because he couldn't be bothered changing sub.

I'm pretty sure that PLD, RDM or WHM, BRD could hold it indefinitely as long as someone zoned summons. PLD, RDM or WHM, BRD plus some form of damage would be enough to low man as long as summons were zoned in my opinion. Achamoth didn't really seem to have anything in his arsenal that could drop people in a hurry. It was more just a cause of hacking away at it until it was dead.

The en-aspir isn't exactly what you would expect either. It only recovers MP for Achamoth, it doesn't physically drain MP from the person it is hitting. It always seemed to recover 30mp every hit on our PLD but his MP pool was not going down or at least that is what he said.

Our PLD reckoned SAM tanking would be viable but I definitely wouldn't want to try it low-man until I knew for certain it would be ok.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Did this last night with like 8 people, pretty simple fight, annoying pull. We had a RNG spamming Attack Down arrows/bolts and Achamoth would just spam Erase on itself, and as soon as it removed the Attack down it was instantly back on due to the RNG constantly spamming. Not only is this nice for the PLD/NIN as Erase is like a 3 second stun, but also to RDMs; Erase seem to allways get rid of Attack Down before Slow/Paralyze so providing the RNG keeps it on, you can keep him Para'd/Slow'd the whole fight.

ViVi~

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    I agree with this. He's only a problem if you debuff him and make it a problem. Be sure to dispel the nasty haste on erratic flutter, pull the adds away on zone, and you should be fine. Spams a lot of things like hastega and protectra5 but not a big deal really.
    I think you might have problems with that set up, assuming the NIN had to do the damage by 25% you would be having a lot of shadow stripping moves and Fire Break, which if I remember correctly, goes through shadows or wipes them.

We did it with PLD, NIN, THF, BLM, WHM, RDM. I would have gone SAM instead of NIN if we did it again. The THF had to pretty much dedicate himself to pulling the babies.

For the pull I would suggest this route.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...amoth_pull.png

1. Have the person spawning it and a THF at the spawn point. Have everyone else clear the area around the temporary camp. I believe its just a couple of DC/EM bats or slimes. This will give you 16 minutes for a clear area to hold Achamoth.

2. Have the THF aggro the room, flee and chain everything from the spawn point to the zoneline, and have the person spawning it follow them, you might even want a third person to follow the spawner just in case something goes badly.

3. Have the people waiting at the temporary camp pull Achamoth and hold it until any true sight mobs you may have picked up return past the temporary camp. Have one person ready to zone any babies that might spawn.

4. Once the area is clear pull to the permanent camp.

Things to remember: Achamoth can spawn babies on the pull so it can fall behind, so the person spawning it or the third person following should keep an eye on it. You don't want to zone with it lagging far behind because you will have to run through the whole zone to go get it. Also, Willriker is correct about it's movement speed, it's really slow when it returns to its spawn point, so holding it at the zone is incredibly easy if things go badly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We tried this with PLD, MNK, THF, RDM, BRD, COR. The pull is so much easier than people make it to be, but we made it a point to clear the pop place of any wamoura and campas before that. Our THF did the pull and she never got aggro doing it. We did a total of 3 pops that time.

PLD and MNK shared the tanking, although our MNK could've tanked forever and ever, it seemed pretty easy. Our only bebuff on the mob was Elegy. Both COR and RDM would dispel any self casted buffs the moth does. Our THF was on DD duty to make the fight faster.

I was the COR for this fight and my job was to keep rolls up and zone adds; the timers fit pretty well, i believe Achamoth spawns one add every 1:30 or so, so my routine was Roll -> Shoot add -> zone out -> zone in, repeat. As for rolls, I made it a point to minimize TP fed so i chose Monk's roll and Rogue's roll for the front lines and Monk's + Evoker's for PLD. Other rolls might work better, but these seemed to do the trick for me.

Overall the fight is easy once you get it down steady and having a zone in case you ever mess up (for example, on our first try our MNK accidentaly countered one of the pets, spreading hate all over xD) makes it hard to completely lose a pop. If anything, it may be a long fight, I think we were taking around 10', maybe up to 15'.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

The only thing that makes this fight difficult is Melee TPing on the NM, causing it to spam annoying moves, or the add zoner being slow as hell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

TP moves are nothing if you have no debuffs on it. Well, they wipe shadows, but they also hit for like 8 damage. Fire Break still does like 500, but that's the only one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    For the pull I would suggest this route.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...amoth_pull.png
    Why not pull to the (1) zone line? It's closer. That's what we did the one time I've fought it, and I don't remember having any trouble with other mobs wanting to wander home.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, we fight it at the (1) zoneline and there is no problem fighting it there. I guess it would be a bit faster for anyone to come join you from Whitegate at the other camp, but that's it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valyana View Post
    Why not pull to the (1) zone line? It's closer. That's what we did the one time I've fought it, and I don't remember having any trouble with other mobs wanting to wander home.
    That's perfectly fine too, except a true sight link would require a sac instead of a zone potentially. I like the one I outlined because of the ease in the pull.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    That's perfectly fine too, except a true sight link would require a sac instead of a zone potentially. I like the one I outlined because of the ease in the pull.
    There is no true sight. >_> Mirror guard won't aggro unless you run into them, but that would require a wrong turn. Beside "1" is closer and there is no "one way" in case you wipe lose aggro (shouldn't be a problem, but still)

And it's a lot closer if you do multiple pop (unless you have escape..but its still longer )

I guess it would be a bit faster for anyone to come join you from Whitegate at the other camp, but that's it.
    It's faster from zhayolm outpost, unless they take the port exit and use their chocobo